Dear Friends,

I have gathered a selection of my poetry from the last twenty-five years into a book called THE SEASONS. (You can preview or order the book here.)

I am grateful to everyone who has read and responded to the poems over the years. I will continue posting my new work here and in twenty-five years (or less) I will have book number two ready for you.

Warmly,

Kevin











The Last Dance of the Trees






They only give 
us a moment 

with our churches
and our wars

holding their 
arms wide 

catching 
the sun

in each branch
a map of time

just long 
enough 

to shower us
with color

before they 
slowly retreat 

into the darker
halls of paradise.

















































.

No comments:

Post a Comment


the poetry of Kevin Lawler

The gift economy . . .
from Wiki - In anthropology and the social sciences, a gift economy is a mode of exchange where valuable goods and services are regularly given without any explicit agreement for immediate or future rewards. Ideally, voluntary and recurring gift exchange circulates and redistributes wealth throughout a community, and serves to build societal ties and obligations.


Follow