Dear Friends,

I have gathered a selection of my poetry from the last twenty-five years into a book called THE SEASONS. (You can preview or order the book here.)

I am grateful to everyone who has read and responded to the poems over the years. I will continue posting my new work here and in twenty-five years (or less) I will have book number two ready for you.

Warmly,

Kevin











February Snow






This watery
place. 

Standing 
beneath 
the Walnut
in my snow
covered
leather shoes

the skin 
of another
keeping my 
feet warm

there are
yellow 
tulips
waiting
underneath
the ice

and fiery 
stars 
scattered 
across the 
endless dark

for us
to hang 
our stories on

infant minds
blossoming
in the quiet
flickering
light

and the only
question after 
everything

tired eyes 
staring back 
from the dark 
morning
reflection

is how 
to love
more fully.





















































































.

No comments:

Post a Comment


the poetry of Kevin Lawler

The gift economy . . .
from Wiki - In anthropology and the social sciences, a gift economy is a mode of exchange where valuable goods and services are regularly given without any explicit agreement for immediate or future rewards. Ideally, voluntary and recurring gift exchange circulates and redistributes wealth throughout a community, and serves to build societal ties and obligations.


Follow